Join the dynamic team at one of Southern California’s leading presenters of world-class performing arts. La Jolla Music Society contributes to San Diego’s cultural vitality year-round through a rich variety of concert genres, including classical, jazz and contemporary music, ballet, and modern dance.
TICKET SERVICES ASSISTANT
Department: Ticket Services
Reports to: Ticket Services Manager
Status: Part-time hourly non-exempt
Areas of Responsibility:
• Maintain high level of customer service during incoming phone ticket sales and in-person transactions. Fulfill ticket orders received over the internet, by mail and fax.
• Follow and enforce all ticket policies and procedures. Respond to general inquiries about LJMS policies received by phone, electronic mail, fax, or in person.
• Stay current on all LJMS concerts and public activities to effectively communicate with patrons about all LJMS activities.
• Process and fulfill season subscription renewals, new subscription orders, and single ticket orders.
• Process ticket reprint requests, exchanges, and donated tickets.
• Assist in performance and box office preparation.
• Responsible for depositing cash to the bank and reconciling box office petty cash.
• Maintain accurate patron records through accurate database input and filing.
• Maintain accurate information on LJMS box office message system.
• Answer incoming calls on LJMS administrative line and route calls appropriately, when necessary.
• Perform duties that include but are not limited to ticket sales and dispensing will call.
• Associate’s degree completion or equivalent.
• 1-year experience in customer service required.
• High level of organization and attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and working understanding of databases.
• Familiarity with ticketing database, preferably Tessitura.
• Working some evenings and weekends is required.
• Interest in classical music or performing arts a plus.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Chris Benavides, Finance Director
La Jolla Music Society
7600 Fay Avenue
La Jolla, CA 92037
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews.
La Jolla Music Society is an equal opportunity employer.