Join the dynamic team at one of Southern California’s leading presenters of world-class performing arts. La Jolla Music Society contributes to San Diego’s cultural vitality year-round through a rich variety of concert genres, including classical, jazz and contemporary music, ballet and modern dance.
Department:Marketing & Ticket Services
Reports to:Marketing Director
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000
The Marketing Manager is a proactive team player that works directly with the Director of Marketing to execute marketing plans designed to meet or exceed ticket sales goals for all La Jolla Music Society performances and realize the organization’s mission and vision. The position acts as a representative for the organization, proactively creating and maintaining relationships throughout the community while working closely with La Jolla Music Society administration, artistic, development, education, finance and production departments to effectively cross-promote all La Jolla Music Society activities. Responsibilities include handling all public relations, identifying new audiences through outreach events in the community, and developing strategic promotional and media partnerships. Additional duties include copy writing, proofreading, updating of website and online content, management of social media accounts and the creation of email solicitations for marketing campaigns, special events and fundraising appeals.
• Degree in marketing, communications, arts administration or related field.
• Relevant work experience in digital media, public relations and/or advertising. Experience in management a plus.
• Candidate must display exceptional writing and proofreading skills, and be comfortable with public speaking.
• Knowledge of the basic principles of web design, SEO (search engine optimization), social media platforms and digital advertising.
• Experience with HTML and CSS coding and working in WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office software.
• Attendance at most La Jolla Music Society events is required, including nights and weekends.
• Interest in classical music or performing arts a plus.
• Must be able to push and lift up to 50lbs and have a valid Driver’s License.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to CBenavides@LJMS.org
La Jolla Music Society is an equal opportunity employer.