PART 1 - Quest for FireWater
PART 2 - Led into Gold
Performance time is approximately 80 minutes with no intermission.
Jerrica Blankenship, Aaron Canfield, Jennifer Chicheportiche, Gregory Dearmond, Andrea Guajardo, Vincent Harris, Catherine Jaeger, Graci Meier, Changyong Sung, and Eddy Fernandez
Artistic Director Moses Pendleton
Associate Director Cynthia Quinn
Lighting Design Michael Korsch
Costume Design Phoebe Katzin
Production Stage Manager Jeffrey Main
Stage Manager Jameson Willey
Production Manager Woodrow Dick
Global General Manger Amanda Braverman
MOMIX last performed BOTANICA for La Jolla Music Society in the Dance Series on May 5, 2012.
World Première: Warner Theatre, Torrington, Connecticut
on Saturday January 12, 2013
Conceived & Directed by: Moses Pendleton
First Assistant: Cynthia Quinn
Assisted by: Tsarra Bequette, Dajuan Booker, Autumn Burnette, Jonathan Bryant, Aaron Canfield, Jennifer Chicheportiche, David Dillow, Simona Di Tucci, Eddy Fernandez, Rory Freeman, Jon Eden, Vincent Harris, Morgan Hulen, Catherine Jaeger, Jaime Johnson, Jennifer Levy, Elizabeth Loft, Nicole Loizides, Steven Marshall, Anila Mazhari, Emily McArdle, Danielle McFall, Graci Meier, Sarah Nachbauer, Cynthia Quinn, Quinn Pendleton, Rebecca Rasmussen, Cara Seymour, Matt Shanbacher, Brian Simerson, Ryan Taylor, Evelyn Toh
Performed by: Jerrica Blankenship, Aaron Canfield, Jennifer Chicheportiche, Gregory DeArmond, Andrea Guajardo,Vincent Harris, Catherine Jaeger, Graci Meier, Changyong Sung, and Eddy Fernandez
Lighting Design: Michael Korsch
Costume Design: Phoebe Katzin, Moses Pendleton, Cynthia Quinn
Costume Construction: Phoebe Katzin
Red Fire Silk Design: Michael Curry
Costume Assistants: Beryl Taylor, Linda Durovcova, Kimberly Lombard
Video Projection: Moses Pendleton
Video Editing: Woodrow F. Dick, III
Music Collage: Moses Pendleton
Music Editing: Andrew Hansen
Special Thanks: Sharon Dante, Nutmeg Ballet; John Bonanni, Warner Theatre; Phillip Holland; The Talbot Family; Laura Daly; Julio Alvarez and Margaret Selby
“The changing of bodies into light and light into bodies is very conformable to the course of nature, which seems delighted with transmutation.”
- Isaac Newton, Opticks
“I drew aside the curtains and looked out into the darkness, and it seemed to my troubled fancy that all those little points of light filling the sky were the furnaces of innumerable divine alchemists, who labour continually, turning lead into gold, weariness into ecstasy, bodies into souls, the darkness into God; and at their perfect labour my mortality grew heavy, and I cried out, as so many dreamers and men of letters in our age have cried, for the birth of that elaborate spiritual beauty which could alone uplift souls weighted with so many dreams.”
- W.B. Yeats, A Selection from Rosa Alchemica
1. Danna & Clement, “Sunrise West” from the album “Slumberland Episode Two Awaken and Dreaming” Published by Summerland Music/ SOCAN.
2. Oreobambo, “Track 12” the album “Tollan.” Published by EM Productions. And Daimon,“Skin to Skin” from the Waveform Records album “Temenos.” Courtesy of Waveform Records.
3. Escala, “Requiem for a Tower” and from the album “Escala.” Composed by Clinton Mansell. Published by Universal Music Publishing.
4. Ennio Morricone, “Remorse” from the album “The Mission.”
5. Oreobambo, “Track 10” from their album, “Tollan.” Published by EM Productions.
6. Magna Canta, “Gilentium” from the album “Enchanted Spirits.” Composed by Junior Deros and ray Frederico.
7. Skin to Skin, “Nekyia I” from the Waveform album “Temenos.” Courtesy of Waveform Records.
8. A Positive Life, “Lighten Up!” from the Waveform album “Synaesthetic.” Courtesy of Waveform Records.
9. Ennio Morricone, “Once Upon a Time in America: Debhorah’s Theme” played by Yo-Yo Ma on the album “Yo-Yo Plays Ennio Morricone.
Published by Sony BMG Music.
10. Ralph Zurmuhle, “Horizon” from the album “Our Mother.”
11. Sounds From the Ground, “Tumbledown (featuring BJ Cole)” from the album “Luminal.” Composed by Nick Woolfson, Elliot Morgan Jones and BJ Cole. Published by Nettwerk Songs.
12. Vas, “Remembrance” from the album “Sunyata” and “Kali Basa” from the album “Feast of Silence.” Composed by Azam Ali and Greg Ellis.
13. Liquid Bloom, “Whispers of our Ancestors” from the album “Spa India.”
14. Silvard, “Rain” from the album “Life is Grand…On Cape Cod.”
15. Sanjiva, “Four Dimensional Interaction” from the album “Slumberland Episode Two Awake and Dreaming.”
16. Ennio Morricone, “Penance” and “Refusal” from the album “The Mission.” Published by Virgin Records. And Escala, “Chai Mai” from the album “Escala.” Composed by Ennio Morricone. Published by SIAE UK.
17. Escala, “Palladio” from the album “Escala.” Composed by Karl Jenkins.